The Ralph Evans Collection Sale
Phase 3 - March 28 date POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Palm and Cycad Exchange will be conducting the sale of the nearly 200 cycads and miscellaneous exotic plants of the Ralph Evans Collection. This list consists of cycads only, however if you wish to purchase any other plant material, Keith will be available to quote you a price. The sale format may consist of three phases, depending on how and when the material ends up being purchased.
The entire cycad inventory will be offered for sale to a single buyer/single co-op purchase beginning Saturday, January 25, 2020 from 9:00AM – 11:00AM. This date is for preview and/or purchase. This opportunity to purchase the entire collection will expire on February 15, 2020. The price for the entire nursery is $89,600.00. This is a 20% price reduction from the total price of all the individual plants, which is $112,000.00. A $2,500.00 deposit will be required to reserve the purchase of the collection, with the balance payable by cashier’s check or money order and due on or before plant pick up, and no later than February 1.
Should the nursery not be sold to a single buyer in the Phase 1 time frame, the nursery will be offered for sale in four equal shares of 25% each. These shares will be sold on a first come, first served basis. A single buyer may buy one, two, three, or even all four shares. The process for selection by shareholders will be by rotation. Details will be provided upon request. The preview and/or purchase day for Phase 2 is Saturday, February 15, 2020 from 9:00AM – 11:00AM. Each share will be sold for the sum of $25,200.00, which is a 10% price reduction from the total price of all the individual plants, which is $112,000.00. After there are four buyers, a selection date will be set based on schedules. Share buyers may reserve each share by providing a $500.00 deposit on February 15. The balance shall be payable by cashier’s check or money order, and shall be due on the plant selection date. Back up offers will be accepted, in the event that a buyer may default.
In the event that all four shares do not sell, the cycads in the collection will be sold individually at the prices listed below. The Phase 3 sale date will be held on Saturday, March 28, 2020 from 9:00AM – 1:00PM. Parking will be available on the property, and buyers will be allowed to begin purchasing material at 9:00AM. Plants will not be considered sold until paid for, a receipt and a “sold” flag received, and flag tied on purchased plant. Buyers may check out and purchase material as often as they would like in order to receive “sold” flags.
- About 90% of all cycads are in pots or boxes. However, a professional digging crew will be available for hire.
- All cycads are measured by the largest caudex (trunk) dimension, either height or diameter, whichever is greater.
- Trunk Inch (TI) valuations can increase as the largest dimension increases. Example: 5” trunk inch price will be less expensive than a 12” trunk inch price of the same species.
- Visible pups are included in the trunk inch measurements.
- Please bring assistants (for help moving plant boxes), gloves, and dollies (if possible) to move material from the growing area to vehicles. There will be limited tools available on the property.
- For the 10% of plant material that is in the ground, please bring your own shovels and necessary digging equipment.
- Please consult owner before commencing to dig in order to avoid water lines.
- While digging plant material, please take care not to disturb surrounding plants, and replace soil to the best of your ability.
- If the Phase 3 sale takes place, please pay by cash, cashier’s check, money order, or pre-approved check.
- All plant identification is made to the best of our ability. Neither the seller nor anyone from Palm and Cycad Exchange shall be held responsible for misidentification of plant material.
- CA sales tax will be collected as required by law.
- All sales are final.
- Parking is NOT allowed on the street. Parking will be available on the property. Look for the yellow arrow signs.